Do you ever wish for a completely new approach to how your camp thinks about, talks about and engages in fundraising? Many organizations aspire to such a change. Few ever achieve it. This new JCamp 180 offering is designed to get your camp there.
Expanding on many learning resources from our popular GIFT program, this program will also introduce new JCamp 180 collaborators to deliver the curriculum. Ultimately, the GIFT Leadership Institute intends to prepare you for an organization-wide breakthrough to instill a powerful new culture. For this reason, camps enrolling in the GIFT Leadership Institute must commit to full participation by their Executive Director or Camp Director, the Board Chair or equivalent lay leader, and a development professional.
Two face to face meetings (spring of 2019 and fall of 2019 JCamp180 conference) are bookends for this six-month program.
The curriculum is scheduled to include the following:
Spring 2019 – Session in Philadelphia
Leadership Institute Day 1:
Leadership Institute Day 2:
- Assessing your organization
- Understanding the fundamentals of a Culture of Philanthropy
- The unique role of culture and how to alter it
- Return on Investment of your development efforts
June– November 2019
- Exploring and building your major donor pyramid
- How to establish a Major Donor Program (The Veritus Group)
- Leadership strategy
- Establishing an organizational Culture of Philanthropy 6-month plan
November 2019 – JCamp180 Conference, Springfield, Mass
Leadership Institute Day 3:
- Individual Camp Coaching in rollout of plan
Leadership Institute Day 4:
- Sharing of best practices
- Next steps for your camp
- Presentation of outcomes and impact at conference
- Completion and celebration
For more information
Questions about the GIFT Leadership Institute? Contact Program Director Laurie Herrick.