Do you ever wish for a completely new and energized approach to how your camp thinks about, talks about and engages in fundraising? Many organizations aspire to have a culture of philanthropy. Few ever achieve it. This new JCamp 180 offering is designed to get your camp there.
Expanding on many learning resources from our popular GIFT program, this program will also introduce new JCamp 180 collaborators to deliver the curriculum. Ultimately, the GIFT Leadership Institute intends to prepare you for an organization-wide breakthrough to instill a powerful new culture. For this reason, camps enrolling in the GIFT Leadership Institute must commit to full participation by their Executive Director or Camp Director, the Board Chair or equivalent lay leader, and a development professional.
>> Apply to the GIFT Leadership Institute today!
Each camp in GIFT Leadership Institute will be asked to commit to a fee of $360 per participant to be in the course. If 100% your leadership team fully participates in the launch and completion of the course, and if they participate in 80% of the monthly calls at the conclusion of the program, an amount equal to your course fee will be awarded as a contribution to your camps scholarship fund. Meals and hotel fees in Philadelphia will be covered by JCamp180 and other travel expenses will be reimbursed according to our reimbursement policy
Two face to face meetings (spring of 2019 and fall of 2019 JCamp 180 conference) are bookends for this six-month program.
The curriculum is scheduled to include the following:
May 5-7, 2019; Session in Philadelphia
Leadership Institute Day 1:
Leadership Institute Day 2:
- Assessing your organization
- Understanding the fundamentals of a Culture of Philanthropy
- The unique role of culture and how to alter it
- Return on Investment of your development efforts
June– October 2019
- Exploring and building your major donor pyramid
- How to establish a Major Donor Program (The Veritus Group)
- Leadership strategy
- Establishing an organizational Culture of Philanthropy 6-month plan
October 28-29, 2019 – JCamp180 Conference, Springfield, Mass
Leadership Institute Day 3
- Individual Camp Coaching in rollout of plan
- Periodic cohort calls
Leadership Institute Day 4:
- Sharing of best practices
- Presentation of outcomes and impact at conference
- Next steps for your camp
- Completion and celebration
For more information
Questions about the GIFT Leadership Institute? Contact Program Director Laurie Herrick.