Do you ever wish for a completely new and energized approach to how your camp thinks about, talks about and engages in fundraising? Many organizations aspire to have a culture of philanthropy. Few ever achieve it. This new JCamp 180 offering is designed to get your camp there.
Expanding on many learning resources from our popular GIFT program, this program will also introduce new JCamp 180 collaborators to deliver the curriculum. Ultimately, the GIFT Leadership Institute intends to prepare you for an organization-wide breakthrough to instill a powerful new culture. For this reason, camps enrolling in the GIFT Leadership Institute must commit to full participation by their Executive Director or Camp Director, the Board Chair or equivalent lay leader, and a development professional.
Each camp in GIFT Leadership Institute will be asked to commit to a fee of $360 per participant to be in the course. If 100% your leadership team fully participates in the launch and completion of the course, and if they participate in 80% of the monthly calls at the conclusion of the program, an amount equal to your course fee will be awarded as a contribution to your camps scholarship fund. Meals and hotel fees in Philadelphia will be covered by JCamp180 and other travel expenses will be reimbursed according to our reimbursement policy
Two face to face meetings (spring of 2019 and fall of 2019 JCamp 180 conference) are bookends for this six-month program.
Congratulations to the Pilot Cohort of GIFT Leadership Institute!
We are so pleased that 19 different camps across North America applied to be part of the GIFT Leadership Institute. Sadly, due to capacity, JCamp 180 was able to accept only eleven. While we are disappointed to not be able to invite more organizations, we are intent on having Cohort 2 which will make the program available to many of the camps that applied this year.
Congratulations to all of the camps who were accepted to the pilot cohort of GIFT Leadership Institute:
- Albert & Ann Deshur JCC Rainbow Day Camp in Fredonia, WI
- Camp Centerland of the JCC of Buffalo, NY
- Camp Ramah in the Berkshires in Wingdale, NY
- Camp Sabra in Rocky Mount, MO
- Camp Solomon Schechter in Tumwater, WA
- Camp Yachad - JCC of Central NJ in Scotch Plains, NJ
- Emma Kaufmann Camp of the JCC of Greater Pittsburgh in Morgantown, WV
- Habonim Dror Camp Galil in Ottsville, PA
- JCC Camp Ruach in Bridgewater, NJ
- Shalom Institute in Malibu, CA
- Surprise Lake Camp in Cold Spring, NY
GIFT Leadership Institute Curriculum
The curriculum is scheduled to include the following:
May 5-7, 2019 – Session in Philadelphia
June– October 2019
- Assessing your organization
- Understanding the fundamentals of a Culture of Philanthropy
- The unique role of culture and how to alter it
- Return on Investment of your development efforts
- Exploring and building your major donor pyramid
- How to establish a Major Donor Program (The Veritus Group)
- Leadership strategy
- Establishing an organizational Culture of Philanthropy 6-month plan
October 28-29, 2019 – JCamp180 Conference, Springfield, Mass
- Individual Camp Coaching in rollout of plan
- Periodic cohort calls
- Sharing of best practices
- Presentation of outcomes and impact at conference
- Next steps for your camp
- Completion and celebration
For more information
Questions about the GIFT Leadership Institute? Contact Program Director Laurie Herrick.