Do you ever wish for a completely new and energized approach to how your camp thinks about, talks about and engages in fundraising? Many organizations aspire to have a culture of philanthropy. Few ever achieve it. This JCamp 180 offering is designed to get your camp there.
Expanding on many learning resources from our popular GIFT program, this program will also introduce new JCamp 180 collaborators to deliver the curriculum. The GIFT Leadership Institute prepares you for an organization-wide breakthrough to instill a powerful new culture. For this reason, camps enrolling in the GIFT Leadership Institute must commit to full participation by their Executive Director or Camp Director, the Board Chair or equivalent lay leader, and a development professional. Up to 5 individuals can be part of your team.
Each camp in GIFT Leadership Institute will be asked to commit to a fee of $360 per participant to be in the course. If 100% your leadership team fully participates in the launch and completion of the course, and if they participate in 80% of the monthly calls at the conclusion of the program, an amount equal to your course fee will be awarded as a contribution to your camps scholarship fund. Meals and hotel fees in a spring retreat will be covered by JCamp180 and other travel expenses will be reimbursed according to our reimbursement policy.
Two face to face meetings (TBD) are bookends for this 7-month program.
The Success of the Pilot: Congratulations to the Initial Cohort of GIFT Leadership Institute!
In early 2019 we were so pleased that 19 different camps across North America applied to be part of the GIFT Leadership Institute. Sadly, due to capacity, JCamp 180 was able to accept only eleven. While we were disappointed to not be able to invite more organizations, we are announcing Cohort 2 which will make the program available to many of the camps that applied previously, as well as well as others who are ready this year to be a part of this intensive program.
Congratulations to all of the camps who are currently participating in the pilot cohort of GIFT Leadership Institute (which will complete at the JCamp 180 conference in October 2019):
- Albert & Ann Deshur JCC Rainbow Day Camp in Fredonia, WI
- Camp Centerland of the JCC of Buffalo, NY
- Camp Ramah in the Berkshires in Wingdale, NY
- Camp Sabra in Rocky Mount, MO
- Camp Solomon Schechter in Tumwater, WA
- Camp Yachad - JCC of Central NJ in Scotch Plains, NJ
- Emma Kaufmann Camp of the JCC of Greater Pittsburgh in Morgantown, WV
- Habonim Dror Camp Galil in Ottsville, PA
- JCC Camp Ruach in Bridgewater, NJ
- Shalom Institute in Malibu, CA
- Surprise Lake Camp in Cold Spring, NY
GIFT Leadership Institute Cohort 2 Curriculum
The GLI curriculum is scheduled to include the following for the 2nd cohort:
Kickoff Date TBD
Topics to include:
Kickoff – Spring 2020
- Assessing your organization
- Understanding the fundamentals of a Culture of Philanthropy
- The unique role of culture and how to alter it
- Exploring and building your major donor pyramid
- Leadership strategy
- Establishing an organizational Culture of Philanthropy 6-month plan
Spring 2020 – Date and Location TBD
- Individual Camp Coaching in rollout of plan
- Periodic cohort calls
- Sharing of best practices
- Presentation of outcomes and impact
- Next steps for your camp
- Completion and celebration
Applying to the GIFT Leadership Institute
Interested in joining GIFT Leadership Institute? Applications for the 2020-2021 Cohort of the program will open in September. Please check back then.
You can also reach out to Program Director Laurie Herrick. to learn more about the program and to let her know you are interested in the program.
For more information
Questions about the GIFT Leadership Institute? Contact Program Director Laurie Herrick.