The JCamp 180 Enrollment Program is designed to give camps the tools to increase both the retention of current campers and the recruitment of new families. The program is based on our philosophy that strong retention and recruitment involves four core elements:
- Effective storytelling
- Top-notch customer service
- Data-informed decision-making
- A great summer program
Participants will learn how to tell their story, gather data, evaluate their recruitment work, and create a comprehensive approach to enrollment efforts.
>> Register for the 2023/2024 Enrollment Series!
2023/2024 Enrollment Series
JCamp 180 is offering a series of webinars designed to give camp professionals the tools and skills to increase recruitment and retention. The series emphasizes the core elements of enrollment.
The series is designed for all camps: small and large camps; day and overnight camps; camps struggling with retention/recruitment and those doing well and looking to improve.
- October 18, 12pm ET: Customer Service, featuring Danya Schwartz (Camp BB of Montreal) and Linz Haft (Pinemere Camp).
- November 8, 12pm ET: Data Tools, featuring Will Jarvis (Beber Camp) and Dan Baer (Longtime Camp Professional)
- **BONUS**: November 14 12pm ET: Creative Staff Recruitment & Retention Approaches Allison Krabill (The Summer Camp Society), Rachel Wolman, Mandi Baker (Lamped Research), and Jacqui Kalin (Longtime Camp Professional)
- December 13, 12pm ET: Telling Your Camp Story - speaker to be announced soon!
- January 10, 12pm ET: Building Your Marketing Plan, featuring Casey Cohen and Riley Katz (Camp Tawonga) and Eytan Graubart (Pinemere Camp)
- February 7, 12pm ET: Creating a Programmatic Aspirational Arc, featuring Ariella Moss Peterseil (Camp Ramah California) and Ellie Tepper Schulman (URJ Camp Harlam)
- March 6, 12pm ET: Adjusting to Feedback - Realtime and After-the-Fact, featuring Aaron Hadley (Camp Ben Frankel) and Michael Wax (Beber Camp
>>Register for the 2023/2024 Enrollment Series
NEW FOR 2024: We are releasing a workbook to help guide camps in their learnings in order to create and implement action plans.
The learning program will continue to offer drop-in webinars, with opportunities for expanded peer sharing.
You can find recordings from the 2022/2023 series on our website.
Participants in all sessions will:
- Learn recruitment and retention ideas from experienced practitioners.
- Have the opportunity to share their challenges with peers and learn from their experiences.
- Be able to clearly articulate the unique story of their camp and why kids should attend.
- Understand the importance of tracking data and using that data to inform enrollment decisions.
There are a variety of resources to help with improving enrollment at camp on our knowledge center, including recorded webinars from previous cohorts of the JCamp 180 Enrollment Program.