Based on a highly successful model conceived by Gail Littman at the San Diego Jewish Community Foundation, Camp Legacy is a three-year program providing training, guidance, and financial incentives to inspire camps to plan and launch a program to actively seek bequests and other after-life gift commitments to benefit camps' endowments.
To date, 56 camps have participated in JCamp 180's Camp Legacy Initiative. Of these, 41 have achieved their three-year Legacy goals and incentives while seven more are actively pursuing their goals. Approximately 3,580 individuals and families have made legacy pledges to camps, representing an estimated $76.5 million in future commitments to their favorite camps. Harold Grinspoon and JCamp 180 are very proud of these achievements!
“The Camp Legacy Initiative was a true gift to our camp. We so desperately needed a nest egg for our future and needed direction and guidance on how to achieve that goal. Without the Harold Grinspoon Foundation we would have never accomplished this in such a professional way.”
- Rivkie Lafer, Chair, Camp Moshava of Wild Rose Wisconsin
Legacy Program Updates
- Camp Legacy Program Update - April 2017
- If your camp has NOT gone through the JCamp 180 Camp Legacy Initiative, read our Camp Legacy Program Update to learn about program requirements and tentative schedule.
- The newest cohort of the Camp Legacy program has already been selected. To find out when applications will be open for the next cohort, contact Mitch Kupperman.
2018 Camp Legacy Initiative Webinar Series
- Progress Report Template
- Travel Reimbursement Policy
- JCamp 180 has updated its Travel Reimbursement Policy. This policy is for camps participating in the Camp Legacy Initiative or GIFT Program only at this time.
Camp Legacy Initative Success
Camps receiving their Legacy Program bonus checks at our annual conference.