JCamp 180's Vision Statement
A world where Jews live more Jewishly because of their transformative camp experiences.
"It was not until I had the pleasure of working with a JCamp 180 Mentor that I truly understood the efficacy of your organization. Our work together demonstrated the power of JCamp 180's mission of helping to strengthen the Jewish community through effective professional mentoring and partnership with organizations such as Camp Ramah in New England." "Aaron Kass | Board Member | Camp Ramah in New England"
JCamp 180 strengthens the long-term organizational effectiveness and financial sustainability of nonprofit Jewish camps to ensure our community’s future and connection to Judaism.
How We Work
When Jewish camps are equipped with the knowledge, skills, and resources for long-term organizational excellence they will operate thriving camps that create life-long Jewish connections.
We partner with…
professional staff, lay leadership, movements, and alllied organizations
a culture that promotes philanthropic support
And focus on…
strategic planning, governance, and fundraising
matching grants, consulting services, professional development, research, networking, and resources.
Our commitment to camps is enduring and long lasting and is guided by a set of core values:
- We believe in the diversity of the Jewish camping eco-system and that all camps, whether they are movement based or independent have a role in serving the tapestry of camper families.
- We believe in the importance of both of day and overnight camps in the shaping Jewish lives.
- We believe that our philanthropic support will inspire others to step up to support Jewish camps.
- We believe in partnership to deepen learning and peer exchange.
- We believe in competitive facilities to dignify the missions of the camps with whom we work.
- We take the long-view to field development and work with camps over many generations to create lasting change.
- We believe in strategic data-informed decision making.
- We believe there is an abundance of support for Jewish camp.
- We believe Jewish camp is a necessary philanthropic investment for the Jewish people.