You love a camp with every bed full for every session. Of course, camp enrollment is the responsibility of every camp’s professional and lay leaders. The JCamp 180 team has developed resources and a training program for camp professionals and lay leaders that focuses on best practices in both recruitment and retention.
Camps operating with less than full enrollment know the impact that an additional five, ten, or even more campers would have on programming and finances. Everyone who has participated in a camp fair knows that these 20th century programs provide visibility to the camp but do little in actually bringing in new campers. New techniques are needed for the 21st century – techniques that use 21st century tools and address 21st century expectations.
Many elements affect your camp’s ability to attract and retain campers. Real analysis will make the difference in your outcomes, such as:
- Camper retention: why there is a need for specialized focus
- Using camper satisfaction surveys to enhance recruitment
- Justifying investments to support enrollment initiatives
- The right enrollment data and how to capture it
- Marketing your camp: targeting recruitment and branding initiatives
- Recruitment best practices: tales of tried and proven techniques
JCamp 180 is committed to helping your organization apply best practices to your camp’s governance. We’ve hand-picked the resources below to get you started. For our full set of resources on this topic, click the “More Enrollment Resources” button at the bottom of the page to go to the main Knowledge Center page
. You can either further refine your search using keywords or scroll through all the resources.