On March 11, the 2020 and 2021 ERC (Employee Retention Credit) became an extremely valuable opportunity for camps. Hundreds of thousands of dollars for some camps.
But maximizing ERC, PPP2, and the JCamp 180 All Together Now grant program simultaneously, while meeting the gross revenue (tuition plus fundraising) reduction eligibility requirements is very complicated. Here are five ways to make it easier:
Note: The information provided here and in the associated webinar does not, and is not intended to, constitute tax or legal advice; instead, all information, content, and materials shared in this webinar and/or provided by JCamp 180 are for general informational purposes only. Any recommendations or guidance should be verified by your camp’s own CPA, tax attorney, auditors, or by independent counsel.
- Use JCamp 180’s newly extended ATN 2021 deadlines to defer “booking” fundraising revenue until the following quarter. See extended deadlines here.
- Watch our drop-in q&a session (recorded on June 11, 2021) for answers to questions specific to your camp’s circumstances.
- Read our post summarizing 2020 and 2021 ERC here.
- Watch this excellent April 19 ERC webinar recording featuring Andrew Gurwitz Ziv (Eden Village Camp) and An/.dy Pritikin, CPA (Camp Mountain Chai)
- Review Andrew Gurwitz Ziv’s superb ERC/PPP blog and calculator, and sign up for his email updates.
Written by Aron Goldman. Aron is a Mentor with JCamp 180. Aron’s focus areas at JCamp 180 include camper enrollment, recruitment, and retention. He also directs our year-long Enrollment Program. Aron also has experience working as a consultant with grassroots, regional, national, and international organizations in the areas of capacity-building, strategy, and systemic change.
Who we are: JCamp 180 is a program of the Harold Grinspoon Foundation (HGF). Our goal is to significantly enhance the long-term effectiveness of nonprofit Jewish camps in North America. To meet this goal, we provide affiliated Jewish camps with consulting services, annual conferences, shared resources, professional development, and matching grant opportunities. Find more at www.jcamp180.org