DAY Camp 2 is a challenge grant program intended to inspire and fund new ideas that will grow and sustain affiliated day camps.
DAY Camp 2 follows other JCamp 180 challenges, which helped overnight camps raise more than $70 million.
A sum of $35,000 was set aside for each eligible camp. Gifts of $2,500 or more that are meet all other grant requirements were matched by the Harold Grinspoon Foundation at a 1:3 ratio with a maximum match of $11,667 per gift. Guidelines and official rules of the DAY Camp 2 program were outlined in the Day Camp Programs Brochure
- Challenge grant start date - January 1, 2014
- Deadline for pledge applications - December 31, 2014
- Deadline for full payment of pledges - December 31, 2016
Guidelines and Downloads
For purposes of this matching grant program, each organization listed below represents a single camp.
Note: This webpage is a general guideline and is intended to summarize the rules of the matching grant program. The matching grant brochure describes the official rules of the program.
- Abrams Day Camp (JCC Princeton, Mercer, Bucks Cty, NJ)
- Camp Achva (JCC of Northern VA)
- Annisfield Day Camp (Mandel JCC Cleveland)
- Camp Barney Goodman
- Camps Hoover and Chaverim
- Camp Olami (JCC Stamford)
- Camp Jaycee (JCC San Diego)
- Camp Yachad (JCC Central NJ)
- Camp Ruach (JCC Bridgewater, NJ)
All submissions and inquiries must be made to HGF Grants Administration at [email protected]