Are you new to Jewish Camp Fundraising? Here is a list compiled by JCamp 180 Mentors of the "must read" online resources for anyone involved in fundraising.
Looking for more great resources? Check out our recommended books, conferences, and membership organizations as well.
Have other favorite resources? Let us and your peers know about them on our Facebook Page!
These are a few blogs and eNewsletters that JCamp 180 Mentors and Staff find the most useful.
Report on Challenges Facing Nonprofit Fundraising
- UnderDeveloped - If you can only read one thing on this list, consider this very detailed 2013 report from CompassPoint.
- Pamela Grow - Pamela Grow has a regular eNewsletter full of both her own fundraising tips and a curated list of recent fundraising articles.
- Lynne Wester - Lynne Wester (aka "DonorRelationsGuru") - regular JCamp 180 Conference speaker - provides insights and tips on donor relations.
- Veritus Group Passionate Giving Blog - We've highlighted a number of the blog posts from Veritus Group over time - great insights about fundraising, particularly regarding major gifts fundraising and creating a culture of philanthropy. We recommend the white papers from this group's website too.
- Future Fundraising Now - Jeff Brooks provides useful context to fundraising articles from a variety of sources.
- Tom Ahern - Ahern (who was a Spark Speaker at the JCamp Conference in the past) shares his fundraising insights regularly on both his website and his eNewsletter.
- Simone Joyaux - Joyaux blogs about fundraising, strategic planning, and board development. She also has spoken at the JCamp 180 Conference.
- Fundraising Coach - Marc Pitman provides simple fundraising tips on his website and via a free eNewsletter.
- The Agitator - Tom Belford and Roger Craver provide insights about fundraising best practices on their site and via an eNewsletter. Note that they now have a paywall - you can only view a limited number of their articles before being required to pay to subscribe.
- Clairification - Claire Axelrad shares fundraising and marketing content on her website and via her eNewsletter.
- eJewishPhilanthropy - Site and daily eNewsletter provides news about Jewish philanthropic organizations as well as fundraising and board development articles.
JCamp 180 Resources
These resources are created or curated by JCamp 180 Mentors and Staff.
- JCamp 180 Knowledge Center - JCamp 180 has organized many useful articles, resources, and samples about fundraising, board development, strategy & change, and technology/communications within our Knowledge Center.
- JCamp 180 Facebook Page - Like us on Facebook to view daily articles and other resources we believe are relevant to Jewish Camp staff and board members.
- Camp Alumni Outreach Tumblr - Tumblr blog that includes tips and links focused on alumni outreach and engagement. No longer updated with new content, but it contains lots of ideas that are still relevant.