DAY Camp 1 is a challenge grant program intended to inspire and fund new ideas that will grow and sustain affiliated day camps.
Day Camp 1 follows other JCamp 180 challenges, which helped overnight camps raise more than $70 million.
A sum of $35,000 was set aside for each eligible camp. Gifts of $2,500 or more that are meet all other grant requirements were matched by the Harold Grinspoon Foundation at a 1:3 ratio with a maximum match of $11,667 per gift. Guidelines and official rules of the DAY Camp 1 program were outlined in the DAY Camp Programs Brochure.
- Challenge grant start date - January 1, 2013
- Deadline for pledge applications - December 31, 2013
- Deadline for full payment of pledges - December 31, 2015
Guidelines and Downloads
For purposes of this matching grant program, each organization listed below represents a single camp.
Note: This webpage is a general guideline and is intended to summarize the rules of the matching grant program. The matching grant brochure describes the official rules of the program.
- Friedberg JCC Camp (Oceanside, NY)
- JCC Camps at Medford (Cherry Hill, NJ)
- Day Camp of the JCC of Central NJ
- Camp Kadima – Posnack JCC (Davie, FL)
All submissions and inquiries must be made to HGF Grants Administration at Grants@hgf.org.