Since we announced the 2021 Camp Insights Report earlier this year
, we've developed a set of resources your Board/Camp Committee can use to consider the impact of societal trends on your camp. These tools include the following:
- A PowerPoint presentation of the high-level findings along with guiding questions for your Board
- A PDF version of the PowerPointPresentation
- A script to accompany the presentation
- The original 2021 Camp Insights Report
We think this is a great topic as part of a longer summer board retreat; your board/camp committee should plan to devote 45-60 minutes to this topic.
We've also continued to analyze the survey data. Some additional insights gleaned from your responses are listed here:
- Participants identified a number of ways of leveraging the last two years of the Covid experience for fundraising:
- Communicate camp’s ongoing vital role in providing outdoors opportunity and community so vividly demonstrated through Covid
- Steward the many new donors who stepped up to support the camp during this period
- Continue to use online tools to reach camp donors around the world
- Tap into the many individuals and families who have significantly prospered during Covid
Finally, a note about inflation. Subsequent to the survey, rising costs - e.g., insurance, food, and energy - became an important trend affecting camps, exacerbated by the war in Ukraine. This is having a real impact on all camps as they prepare for this summer.
Please let us know
how you use these tools at your camp!
Who we are: JCamp 180 is a program of the Harold Grinspoon Foundation (HGF). JCamp 180 invests in the long-term organizational effectiveness of nonprofit Jewish camps to ensure our community’s future and connection to Judaism. We partner with professional staff, lay leadership, movements, and allied organizations to inspire a culture that promotes philanthropic support by focusing on strategic planning, governance, and fundraising, and providing matching grants, consulting services, professional development, and research. Find more at www.jcamp180.org